May 06, 2015 4:09 PM
“Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence this day.”
- I Kings 8:28
The 64th annual National Day of Prayer is upon us tomorrow – Thursday, May 7th. With the theme, “Lord, Hear Our Cry,” the event focuses on our call as Christians to pray for the well being of America and for those in leadership at every level of national, church, and educational influence.
So, how can we best participate in this event?
For starters, check out nationaldayofprayer.org to learn more about the event and join with millions of fellow believers to lift our needs and concerns for America before the Lord.
Then, given our focus as Faith Driven Consumers on the marketplace, we can specifically pray for the following:
- That we will collectively be a blessing in the marketplace, and through our testimony and the way we steward our dollars, we will positively impact our local communities.
- That the hearts of leaders in Corporate America will be increasingly open to meeting our needs as Christian consumers and take further steps to respect and welcome us.
- That faith-driven employees would be valued, respected and welcomed, and that the same accommodation made for other groups would also be made for our community.
- That our cherished First Amendment right to freely express our religious convictions would be preserved within the marketplace and beyond.
- That God would encourage, protect and defend our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ who are currently being persecuted for expressing their faith in the marketplace.
Now more than ever, we are called to act as salt and light in our communities and be on our knees in prayer. Make plans now to spend time in prayer tomorrow!