8-19-2013: One News Now: Website allows consumers to relate based on faith

TEXT ARTICLE: One News Now: Resource guide helps find faith-friendly retailers


Resource guide helps find faith-friendly retailers

Chris Woodward   (OneNewsNow.com) Monday, August 19, 2013

"An organization is helping Christian consumers find the retailer that meets their worldview this back-to-school season. 

Faith Driven Consumer has just released its annual Back to School Shopping Guide.

Chris Stone, founder of Faith Driven Consumer, says the purpose is to wisely use the resources God has blessed His children with.

"He has provided the resources for food and clothing, and part of that is the annual back-to-school buying for preparing our kids for school,” Stone tells OneNewsNow. “And while many churches tell us about tithing and the 10 percent that we should return to God, very few talk about what we should do with the other 90 percent."

With so many Americans shopping this time of year, Stone says we have an opportunity to reflect on the impact of our spending.

"The companies that we spend money with generate a profit from that and they do many things with that profit, some of which is compatible with our faith and some of which frankly is not,” says Stone. “And as Christians we have an opportunity to choose who we shop with and do so in a way that honors God."

According to Stone, 81 percent of faith-driven consumers will switch brands when they discover that a retailer is incompatible with their worldview. What he has found, however, is that many faith-driven consumers, at this point of time, are unfamiliar with which retailer is compatible.

That's where the Faith Driven Consumer Back-to-School Shopping Guide comes in handy. Retailers involved with clothing, sporting goods, supplies and electronics are separated into two categories: "Faith-Friendly" and "Needs Improvement."

The guide is also free.

- See more at: http://www.onenewsnow.com/business/2013/08/19/resource-guide-helps-find-faith-friendly-retailers#.Uhd50GQ9BXY

Be the first to comment

Please check your e-mail for a link to activate your account.